Website EDI Matrix LLC
Job Description :
• Provide consultation and technical advice on IT infrastructure planning, engineering, and architecture for systems by assessing the implications of IT strategies on infrastructure capabilities.
• Provide recommendations and input on options, risks, costs, and benefits for systems’ designs.
• Evaluate existing systems making recommendations on resources required to maintain service levels.
• Evaluate new service options, identify issues and impacts, and provide recommendations on feasibility and ROI.
• Collaborate with architects and software engineers to ensure functional specifications are converted into flexible, scalable, and sustainable design.
• Proactively monitor the compute environment, create and review performance reports and make recommendations for improvement.
• Identify, repair, and/or resolving enterprise infrastructure issues and potential issues and record details in the Service Desk Plus incident management tool to provide timely resolution and effective solutions of support issues while following enterprise standards.
• Collaborate with IT teams and key business partners to troubleshoot complex systems issues and provide solutions, as appropriate.
• Make recommendations for strategic changes in the hardware and software configurations to improve technical configuration, data integrity and security, and/or to deliver improved applications utility to the end users.
• Perform advanced and/or complex experimental troubleshooting skills to restore systems and services.
• Evaluate requirements to provide appropriate technical specifications and solutions. Create, test and maintain solutions for the technology needs of the enterprise.
• Build strong relationships with the Service Desk, the Infrastructure team, and other IT teams.
• Optimize existing solutions and provide improvement feedback to IT teams. Design and develop new tools and smart alerts that help discover failures / issues in a timely fashion. Perform system reviews, evaluate implementations, and provide feedback about potential improvements
• Provide technical mentoring and knowledge sharing to team members.
• Define and evangelizing system optimizations and best practices to improve reliability and performance. Develop automation, processes, and tools designed to make responding to and resolving incidents simpler and more robust.
• See and present ‘the big picture’ and offer solutions to make it better to both fellow engineers and business facing customers.
• Ensure the proper operation of the core infrastructure via highly trained and skilled system administration, preventative maintenance and timely repairs.
• Formalize documentation (policies, procedures, diagrams, engineering specifications) to ensure business continuity and smooth operations as well as preparing professional engagement documentation (statements of work, project plan cost benefit analysis, recommendations)
• Troubleshoot network(s), infrastructure, or application issues, identifying root cause, establishing return to service, evaluating/developing/implementing/documenting mitigation strategies.
• Identify and proactively seeking opportunities to implement process improvements, documents technical diagrams and procedures.
• Make recommendations for transition of infrastructure for compute, web and data storage to cloud solutions (Azure\AWS).
• Participate in transition of infrastructure for compute, web and data transitions to (Azure\AWS) or State Datacenter.
• Education & Experience
o Four-year college degree in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
o 5 years minimum experience with progressive IT experience in areas of networking. Experience in service desk or end-user support a plus.
o 2+ years of experience interfacing with customers and providing technical solutions.
o 3 years working with Azure or AWS compute, web and data storage
• Proven knowledge and experience of infrastructure design and implementation
o Ability to implement solutions to complex routing requirements
o Senior level knowledge & experience with enterprise storage, servers, and networking devices
o Ability to create, document and explain operation trade-offs of various designs
o Ability to build a complex network map and translate to executive summary
o Experience working in a multi-domain environment
o Experience working with multiple vendors\clients simultaneously to coordinate projects
o Familiarity with MS Visio (or equivalent)
o Experience with Cloud migration and platforms such as Azure\AWS
• Proven experience configuring and managing any of the following products and platforms:
o Azure\AWS compute, web and data storage
o VmWare ESX, Horizon
o MS Server 2008-2019 and experience with OS migration a plus
o MS SCCM
o Splunk is a plus
• Soft skills
o Curiosity, self-motivation and willingness to learn
o Ability to work independently and with teams
o Willingness to mentor less experienced staff
o Ability to contribute meaningful ideas, advice and best practices when problem solving
o Critical thinking, problem solving skills and ability to make sound judgment based on facts available
o Task\goal oriented- ability to parse through extraneous information
o Customer service oriented
o Strong communication skills and a motivation to partner with internal teams to achieve results.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com