Website EDI Matrix LLC
IT Consultant 1
Role: IT Applications Consultant (IT Consultant 1)
The IT Architect will be responsible for creating agency “blueprints” by leading the selection, technical design and application of systems in alignment with the agency’s requirements. They will facilitate technology reviews to ensure appropriate technical architecture and design practices are in place. They will collaborate with our Business partners, Procurement, Legal and other State agencies in supporting MHAS’ strategic priorities while technical and process feasibility. This role will continuously enhance and roll out improvements of the current standards.
This IT Architect will provide technical leadership in system architecture, design principles, software development methodologies, and selection of information systems. They must understand and apply concepts of enterprise architecture for systemness and to drive quality, consistency and sustainability across the agency.
They are driven based on a sense of urgency and are recognized for their in-depth knowledge on a broad range of technologies while looking at different applications available (current and proposed) to devise an effective framework. They will work with the Application Developers and DBA’s through design, implementation and support.
Job responsibilities will include:
• Working under the direction of the Product Line Leader to execute how all the applications used within the agency will work together to achieve the goals of MHAS.
• Assess the enterprise’s use of software and its business needs, then devise a “blueprint that contains information about what applications to use, who will use them and how, and the way these various applications will interact throughout the company. Monitors software configuration changes to anticipate and address the impact of data reliability and user happiness issues
• Incorporates agency roadmap, considering an overall vision for developing quick to market solutions that drive business value. They straddle the worlds of IT and business administration and provide both technical expertise and strong planning, coordination, and communication (i.e., “soft”) skills,
• Creates or edits for recommendation & approval of IT artifacts, including, but not limited to, policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, best practices & position papers.
• Project Planning: Leads complex initiatives for organizational improvement frameworks in assigned discipline/program; Seeks to develop expertise in project management methodologies; Becomes expert in risk identification & mitigation.
• Solutions Design: Works with IT staff, CIO, or IT Managers to design solutions that meet the agency’s requirements; Assists with analysis of the solution design’s business case; Authors portions of the solution business case.
• Solution Fulfillment: Provides input & assistance preparing procurement statements, work, or capability requirements: Provides input into agency budget process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org