Job Title: Tester 2
Location : Columbus, Ohio
Years of Relevant Experience: 2 to 4 years
Preferred Education: 4 year college degree or equivalent technical study
This is a mix of manual and automated testing. It is currently mostly manual testing, but DRC is moving to automated testing gradually.
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) experience – REQUIRED (DRC will be getting an automated testing tool soon, but they are only using TFS now.)
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral – REQUIRED
- Create test models for product test and release control (plans, data, and scripts).
- Conduct structured walk-throughs
- Execute assembly or product tests.
- Meet time estimates for assigned tasks.
- Communicate accurate and useful status updates.
- Define product test plans and criteria for acceptance.
- Develop, update, and maintain testing standards and procedures.
- Resolve testing process questions / issues.
- Assist in the planning, creation, and control of the test environments.
- Conduct inspections; resolve issues.
- Coordinate and execute assembly or product tests with the Test Team, Application Team and the Program Manager.
- Assist Team Lead or Test Team Lead in monitoring estimated-time-to-complete (ETC) and actuals for assigned tasks.
- Work with Test Team members to enhance their testing skills and build technical and business knowledge.
- Update and test release installation procedures.
- Generally aware of new developments in industry and processes and ability to apply to work as appropriate.
- Determine time estimates and schedule for work efforts.
- Define and utilize entry / exit criteria for testing.
- Schedule the design of structured walk-through or inspections; resolve issues.
- Work with users to ensure that solutions meet business requirements.
- Determine time estimates and schedule for own work and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Identify and track issues, risks and action items.